>> Sunday, August 29, 2010
Have you ever woken up with the thought
"Omgosh, please tell me I didn't do that yesterday...that it was only a dream, right?"
I did. This morning actually.
Yesterday was the last day of my first full-time job. It's been 3 years. So I did the ugly cry in front of the now ex-colleagues (some looked worried and probably wondered if I'd lost it). I had envisioned that would happen hours before the actual incident. They call it the self-fulfilling prophesy. I call it overactive tear ducts.
But the good news is...I'm about to jet-off and start my holiday now so I can pretend I have a short term memory loss. It's a between-job holiday. Or just an unemployment stint.
I will leave with you the simple recipe for the fruit layered agar agar in the meantime.
And see - I told you I was going to incorporate agar agar into my everyday diet!
Fruit layered agar agar
- Fruits of your choice (try not to use kiwifruit, pineapple and papaya as they have enzymes which may prevent the agar from setting).
- 4 cups water (or you can use juice - I'd probably use lychee or apple juice next time!)
- Honey (to taste)
- 2 tsp agar agar powder
1. Bring the water with the agar agar powder and honey to boil.
2. Pour a thin layer of liquid from the above step to your container of choice before layering the first layer of fruit (in my case strawberries)
3. Once you add the first layer of fruit, pour another layer of the agar agar liquid on top - let it sit for around 2-3 minutes before you layer on second fruit of choice.
4. When done with the layering, place the container into the fridge for around 2 hours!