>> Friday, April 16, 2010
If coffee were perfumes, chai latte would be the one I'd wear in Autumn. I love the smell of it and perhaps someone should invent chai perfume. I'd buy it for sure. Not surprisingly chai latte is one of my favourite drinks to order at cafes. Then I came across marsala chai at this amazing Indian restaurant when I was in Taiwan on holiday - it was rich and creamy, full of spice and sweet. Hmmmmmm.
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer (I omitted this)
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea (I used Dilmah's black tea)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves (I added whole cloves instead)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom (I added 2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon fennel
In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. In a blender or food processor (or by hand), blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.