Fifi Foveaux's - Surry Hill

>> Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"It's better to help people than a garden gnome."


That is for sure the most memorable quote from the movie 'Le Fabuleux destin d' Amélie Poulain' and I was reminded of it when I saw the cute little gnome stools at Fifi Foveaux's on a Sunday morning.

I've have been to Fifi Foveauxs on several occasions for breakfast and each time I leave feeling content. Today I wanted a light brekkie in order to save room for a meaty BBQ later on in the afternoon.

Even the coffee machine matches the decor

Delicious coffee...

My vegetarian breakfast $12.50
Sourdough with guacamole, boccocini, green leaves and drizzles of honey

Red red everywhere...

Breakfast deconstructed

What I like about Fifi is the cozy ruby red decor and the reasonable priced food (breakfast around the area tend to be more expensive). My breakfast was nice and simple, and despite the plain appearance, it was actually quite flavoursome.

I'll be back to try their signature feta omelette next time!

Fifi Foveaux's
428 Crown St,
Surry Hills NSW 2010‎
Tel: (02) 9380 6881‎

7 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella June 5, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

We've driven past here a few times so it's good to know that it's a good place to stop for brunch or lunch! :) And I loved freckles-I haven't had one in years!

Viv June 6, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

Lorraine: I went there again today as I was in the area - their steak sandwich is also pretty good :)

Jessica June 8, 2010 at 3:02 AM  

That looks like such a cute AND delicious place to go. If I ever go to Sydney, I'll take a visit.

Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Lynne @ CookandBeMerry June 8, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

This is my first visit to your blog and your breakfast looks soooo delicious!! Now that I have seen your great photo, I could make something pretty close to it at home. Thanks for sharing.

Viv June 8, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

Jessica: Yes, if you ever come to Sydney! I'm sure there are far more quaint and unique cafes in Paris though!

Lynne: Wow I haven't thought about re-creating the dish at home. That's an idea :)

Anonymous,  February 21, 2014 at 6:18 AM  

Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon.www.shoppingeek.com |

www.countryhousevillaelisabetta.com |

www.phoenixlawpllc.com |

www.doorsports.com |

www.foleycomputerrepair.com |

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP