Tokyo - Day 3 & 4

>> Monday, July 12, 2010

9-piece beef stack at Lotteria...

Famous Tonkatsa sandwich from Maisen in Omotesando

I love these graters from Pylones!

Jean-Paul Hevin store at Omotesando Hills! Perfect looking macarons..pretty!

Finally went to Tsukiji Fish Market...these aburi engawa are my favourite!

Deliciously fresh sushi from Sushi Zenmai in Tsukiji Market

Cherries!! They're sooo sweet! The people who stack these cherries must be so patient.

Jumbo sized grapes!

We had 2 lunches in Tsukiji on the same day :P This is my bowl of mixed seafood over rice!

We aso ordered this toro sashimi on rice! So fatty and they melt in your mouth...hmmm

Mix nigiri platter also from Tsukiji
They sell a whole lot of other things in Tsukiji market, not just seafood. I didn't know edamame beans grow like this.

We bought crab meat from the supermarket and made our own salad at home :)

Japanese sweets (red bean, black sesame, and soy bean powder wrapping sweet sticky rice)

We bought a few things from Pierre Herme! I don't know what this is called but I'd say it tastes like orange cheesecake :P

Hmmm PH's signature Ispahan! Unfortunately, this is not as good as the one I had in Paris...

Another one of PH's delicious creation that I got to try

Sadaharu Aoki's dessert display at Isetan...the green tea eclair is so good!

Hmmmmmm salmon roe!

Unagi (eel)!

Fish glorious fish

Beautifully fatty wagyu beef

Hehe no trip to Japan is complete without a visit to Mister Donut!
The green-tea flavour is SO good.

Hmmmmmmm donuts!

I got this from the supermarket...apparently it's a mixture of wagyu beef + kurobuta pork! Yummmm...

White peach jelly!

Dinner at a random noodle shop in Shinjuku - cold soba with vegetables

More soba + tempura

Sea-salt pack where you grate your own salt! I bought some already grounded.

Trying different mentos flavours! The cola one is not as good.

Japanese kumeras are sooo sweett!

Cool ice sculpture from Takashimaya department store...people kept touching it to see if its real ice.

Afternoon tea at Takano (fruit parlour).

Fig dessert

This is the best of the 3 - because it's peach season in Japan at the moment.

Sea urchin (unni) still in shell from a sushi train place at Meguro

Take-away chirashi rice


Super fluffy chiffon cake eaten straight from the box
We went to this well known handmade udon chain called Sangokuichi - the chewy texture of the udon is so different to the ones I've had before. They are also famous for their cold udon salad!

Up close and personal with the udon

8 comments:

Anonymous,  July 13, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

ommggg missing Japan sooo muuccchhhh!!!

chocolatesuze July 14, 2010 at 6:39 AM  

oh wow look at all that salmon roe! i reckon i could eat the whole tray. or, give it my best shot haha

Helen (Grab Your Fork) July 15, 2010 at 12:46 AM  

oh maisen is awesome! we tried to go on our most recent trip but they were closed for renovations :( And haha, I had to laugh at your mentos photo - I bought those exact too flavours when I was in Malaysia. I actually preferred the cola one. lol

Magic of Spice July 15, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

Wow, look at all of this...great photos:)

Angela July 16, 2010 at 4:40 AM  

WOW! All that toro and uni... I would seriously do a little dance every time I ate in Tokyo, I think. You are eating like a queen! Enjoy yourself!

Lynne@CookandBeMerry.com July 16, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

Oh my gosh, what wonderful food. Did you do anything besides eat? Just kidding...

sugarpuffi July 27, 2010 at 2:15 AM  

wow! look at the amount of food you devoured! I shall hang my head in shame.

Anonymous,  August 3, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

Omg! Licking screen to no end. YUMMMMMMMMMM~ <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP