>> Wednesday, June 22, 2011
...have been cooking with whatever left overs I have in my fridge. It's clean-up fridge week!
...realised I need to stop borrowing books from the library when I have a bookshelf full of untouched books. Oh, and found out I owe the library something like $17 in late fees. How'd that happen? (and I'm sorry if you've been trying to borrow what I had out.)
...am finally taking 1 step forward! For the longest time I've been stuck at the 2 steps back stage! Praise God!
...don't know if you'd believe me, but I woke up in the middle of the night and figured out what EVOO stands for. For the longest time I thought it was some branded salad dressing that people use in the U.S. Or that it was something like POM juice. (Are we still friends?) I guess I never really gave it much thought. Then at ~3am Tuesday, I opened my eyes in the dark with the thoughts: 'EVOO...Extra Virgin Olive Oil? Noooooo.' *pinches self and questions sanity*. This confirms that my brain is overactive and works while I'm asleep. Hmmm, I just wish it thinks about something more meaningful and useful!
Anyways, there's not really a recipe today.
But I want to share with you what I had for lunch yesterday using the leftovers, because sandwiches are kind of pretty to photograph.
1. Mix chopped chives with cream cheese. Spread over a piece of bread.
2. Resist eating the sandwich as it is.
3. Convince yourself that mint has a place in this meal too. Don't over-wash them as I did!
4. Slice half an avocado and place on top!
5. Generously place the smoked salmon over the sandwich. I'm sure chicken would be yummy too.
6. Place another slice of bread on top to finish up.
7. Slice and enjoy the quickest lunch.
I'm off to make a salad now, with some EVOO of course ;)
I feel like we're finally on the same page now. Me and you.